Wednesday, May 2, 2012

'Spare' Some Birthday Fun

Pun intended.  Completely.
My big bro just recently turned the Big 3-2 and my sister-in-law threw him an adult themed bowling party at Sparians here in Raleigh.  It was great fun and the perfect place for a fun birthday party.
My contribution to the night was the dessert.  I wanted to go for a bowling theme so I opted for rice krispie treats in the shape of bowling pins.  They were so simple to do - I just picked up some of the old school plastic bowling pins from Toys R Us and cut them in half with a serrated knife and scissors.
I made the rice krispies according to the box directions and used the bowling pins as my mold (use lots of PAM cooking spray!).  Once they had cooled, I popped these babies out and wrapped the necks with twizzler pieces for the red stripes.  I think they were a success - super yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment