Thursday, November 24, 2011

Court's Thankful Times!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Hope you guys have a happy, safe, and loving Thanksgiving today.  Be sure to let all those you love and care for know how thankful you are for them.  

Kim and I are spending our Thanksgivings with our loved ones so we thought we would drop in and share some special moments from our celebrations.  Bodie is spending this holiday with his favorite cousins Cooper and Grady White.
We are going all out with enough food to feed an army. We're frying a turkey with an infrared fryer so no oil - and SAFE!! We're also mixing in some ham, collards, mac & cheese, green bean casserole, cranberry apple casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, deviled eggs, fried confetti corn, dinner rolls, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and chocolate pecan chess pie. Jealous? Yeah, I'm ready for the feasting to begin.
I also decided to make a fun, budget friendly centerpiece for us to enjoy. I decided to go with a centerpiece with purples and greens that could be edible so we could use the items for dinners next week. I layered collard greens (from our dinner!) artichokes, broccoli, and purple cauliflower all on a platter. It looks so great - and it is a perfect vegetable centerpiece. Much better than flowers and we can certainly enjoy the food next week.
 I also added a little something extra by using the framed chalkboards I used for my brother's rehearsal dinner.  I just wrote the dish names on them to show how much work was put into this dinner.
Well, I hope everyone enjoys this special day as much as Kim and I did.  Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment