Friday, January 6, 2012

Bring it on 2012!

Happy late New Years!

We hope everyone had a glorious and fun-filled New Years this year. It's hard to believe that it is already 2012 and 2011 is just a thing of the past.  We are both super excited about what this year has to bring and can't wait to start blogging/crafting/diying more...that's our resolution!

Before we can jump to the new year, I wanted to share some of the last moments of 2011 I had.  We went to the beach since beaches are around 2.5 hours away from Raleigh and the weather was gorgeous!  Our friends Chris and Allison accompanied Ben and I to his parent's beach house where we rung in 2012 with good friends, family, and FOOD!  Bodie had a blast jumping off docks, swimming, playing on the beach, and hanging out with his bestest friend Chris (I think it goes both ways for these two).

For our shingdig we all made different appetizer plates and everyone just dug in.  I ended up making a cheese board from a scrap piece of wood from work.  The guys in the shop actually brought me this beautiful piece of wood that was sanded down and they even rounded the edges for me!

My friend Catherine had made a chalkboard cheeseboard at our hoedown party which was adorable so I set off to make one as well.  Of course I applied my most favorite product......
I think it turned out pretty cute!  Ben and I absoutely are obsessed with wine & cheese/italian meat spreads so this was my contribution to the dinner board. 
All of the appetizers were spectacular and certainly hit the right spot!
I made a pretty simple tablescape and made allowed Ben & Chris to help.  They cut out letters and didn't understand why we were making a banner that read this:
I know I'm not the only one who knows that this is the song you sing for New Years!  We had a bet about how many people at the party would understand this banner and thank my lucky stars there were a lot of women there to back me up.  I mean come on..."Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?"

Here is a picture from the tablescape.  The quote in the frame was adorable.  I found it on pinterest and it read, "On New Year's Eve I want you to kiss me.  Kiss me at 11:59 and do not finish that kiss until 12:01.  Therefore, I have a perfect ending & definitely a perfect beginning. " The boys thought it was so sappy but I thought it was the sweetest thing ever.  I just used gold, silver, and purple ornaments I had leftover from Christmas decorating and spruced up the party.
For party favors, I just filled up quart sized mason jars and put some black eyed peas in there with a tag that read "Good Luck in 2012." 
I have to say the highlight of the evening was our makeshift "photobooth" we had.  We wanted a place where everyone would take pictures since it would encourage picture taking and we wouldn't end up with one picture the next day from the whole night.  We just hung up the gold tablecloth we had used for our Tacky Sweater Christmas party decorations and Allison made lips & staches from construction paper and twigs (I forgot the dowels at home!).  We also had some hilarious masks that Ben's mom had on hand.  I think we can say we took advantage of the photobooth and had a little fun...
Bodie was a little too tired from all the beach play to be a good photobooth partner!


Well I hope everyone enjoyed their NYE as much as we did!  Can't wait to get things rolling for 2012.  Bring it on!





No comments:

Post a Comment